Sunday, February 21, 2021

Mechanicus Van Saar - Starting Gang Done

 

The starting gang for my Mechanicus counts as Van Saar gang is done.  One leader, two champions, three gangers and one neotek per my earlier post in January.  No real backstory or history written for them at this point.  Just a group of Mechanicus that I imagine are running a bit of a dual mission of searching for archeotech deep in the underhive while doing their bit to defend the interests of the magos masters.

Neoteks and gangers are stock skitarii models while the champions and leaders are Anvil Industries Burning Rose torsos on GW High Elf warrior legs.  The Skitarii arms fit pretty well onto the torsos with no conversion at all needed for the leader with the plasma gun.  An arc rifle was converted into the grav gun while a radium pistol was turned into a las pistol to pair with the other champions plasma pistol.  The Neotek does have one of the excellent Heresy Miniatures pistols that's starting gang life as a laspistol but is chunky enough that it could pass for other pistols types if an upgrade occurs.  All the models have void power plant backpacks from Anvil Industries.


Neotek on his grav cutter.

Gangers with las rifles.

Plasma gun leader, grav gun champion and dual pistol champion.

I even managed to finish a longer ago started ogryn conversion to serve as their first ogryn servitor and to convert a Reaper Bones spider into a cyber-arachnid for when a champion or the leader adds one to their profile.

All in all I'm really happy that I actually built and painted a starting gang in less than two months given my past track record of mostly buying with a fair bit of building and converting but not much else.  I need to work on the next gang and some terrain so I can then start playing some simple scenarios or even just rules testing.  I'd also like to try using the Pulp Alley rules for some games set in the underhive but I'll need to get their 2nd edition rule book to learn more about how that might work.


No comments: